Followers

Translate

Thursday, 24 September 2015

Book Folded Christmas Tree.....

 Morning all, hope you are all well and happy.

Well, I managed to do the Christmas tree, following from yesterday with the book folded angel. I made both of these from one paperback book. I made a box for the tree to stand on and wrapped ribbon around so that it looks like a present.
 The angel on top of the tree is a die by Robert Addams. I cut it out 4 times and folded each piece in half, then glued them all together to make a 3d angel.
 My "decorations" around the tree were a bit fiddly. I wanted to do something like "swags" but didn't really want to use ribbon. I looked through my dies, but didn't have anything suitable. Then i looked through my punches. This one from Martha Stewart is to make a circle. I did an 8 x 8 piece of gold mirri card and using the punch created the bottom layer (once i had cut the centre circle off). Then i did a 6 x 6  for the middle layer and finally a 4 x 4 for the top layer. I had to use a glue gun to make sure that they all stuck firmly and instantly. (which is why top layer a little out of line). I then added red gems all around. The very top i have added a row of red gems and then a row of ric-rac ribbon in gold. 

Really pleased how the tree and angel have turned out........Can you think of anything else using the same shape????? Let me know. x

5 comments:

  1. WOW Jan these are amazing, so unusual but fabulous Christmas decor.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab Jan, love how you have done the Angel, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started one of these a few years ago, but the finished pictured didn't look as good as yours, I minght have carried on if it had. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Love how you have done the swags with the punch...... genius!
    How about a rocket? Lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are stunning Sorry I've not regularly commented Time just disappears at the mo Mmmm..... Suggestions? Roof for a birdhouse... Wigwam...

    ReplyDelete